Installations and Technical Support Engineer - Playout (Italy)
Customer-focused installation/commissioning and technical support engineer position with a reputable broadcast systems manufacturer of playout, MAM, and graphics systems, based in Italy.
This position is split 50/50 between commissioning systems (mainly on customer sites around Milan), and technical support. This include installation of software, Windows installs, fine tuning, and remote and onsite work. You will also liaise with US based developers and product specialists teams to escalate and resolve more complex issues, so fluent language skills in Italian and English is required. This also involves a support rota, approximately one week in every month and is usually remote-based.
- Technical knowledge in either playout, video servers, broadcast graphics, automation or MAM
- IT skills in network protocols (TCP/IP, IP, FTP), software administration and general computing
- Keenness to learn and develop knowledge around the above technologies
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving, root cause analysis and resolution
- Strong communications skills in both Italian and English