Operations Director – Live Sports
This job has been filled.
Varied, challenging and fast-paced Operations Director position with a live sports technology company. This business is at the forefront of the sports world and will put you directly in front of major contacts in the sports industry.
- Large scale coordination of operators and technology to meet diverse customer requirements set by solutions/commercial teams, for both static and touring sports broadcasts. At points you can be dealing with 100 football games over a single weekend.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies of all managed services across Europe, including UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, Italy, Russia and Ireland.
- Providing leadership to 250 staff members, leading teams to strive, promote innovation, and deliver in line to company values
- Ensure teams are equipped and capable of delivering to specifications agreed with customers
- Escalation point for issues and crisis management raised by operations and customers, ensuring suitable resolutions are found as soon as possible
- Forge, maintain and develop relationships across multiple regions across Europe, ensuring customer satisfaction is kept as high as possible. Finding ways to improve service delivery, communicating exciting new developments for the future, and identifying any additional business
- Taking responsibility for profits/loss, budgeting of various regions, forecasting, staffing levels, understanding additional incoming business and how to scale up the business to achieve success
- Fantastic leadership skills with experience leading operations and logistics of large-scale teams to deliver diverse managed services
- Strong communication and customer-facing skills, able to work professionally under pressure to forge and maintain relationships with senior contacts
- High drive, energy and motivated.
- Highly organised
- A passion for sport would be a huge benefit to the applicant
- Experience in broadcast would be beneficial, either in live production or sports touring companies.