Technical Presales Engineer
Technical Presales Engineer vacancy, ideally for candidates who are either existing Presales Engineers or Support Engineers wanting to move into Presales, with a reputable broadcast systems manufacturer of OTT video delivery related solutions. This is primarily on Quality Assurance solutions for OTT, multiscreen and linear TV, but will also include live streaming, transcoding and encoding products. This is a home-based role in Germany, mainly covering the central areas of Germany (e.g. Frankfurt).
Initially split into two sections:
- Professional Services Engineering (around 40%): providing technical support, maintenance, upgrades for a key customer near Frankfurt, both remotely and occasionally on-site.
- Technical Presales (around 60%): requirement capturing, defining solutions, POC, demos, tradeshows.
Over time you will transition away from Professional Services and become more focused on Technical Presales.
- Engineering experience with IPTV/VOD, adaptive streaming, HLS dash, multicast and IP routing.
- Ideally engineering experience with virtual machines, VMware, KVM
- Familiarity with Linux
- Either currently working in Technical Presales, or currently a Support Engineer with strong customer-facing skills with eagerness to transition into Presales
- Fluent language skills with German is ideal but not essential
- Ability to travel up to 40% (mainly around central Germany)
- Customer facing attitude, motivated, well-organised and thorough