OB Guarantee Engineer
My client is a leading OB provider in the live sport sector with over 50 years’ experience of providing technical services.
As an OB Guarantee Engineers you will have the overall responsibility on location, ensuring all technical facilities are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
These include leading the engineering team, deployment of the OB Unit, guarantee responsibility for all inputs and output, signal delivery to customers and supporting the Unit Manager to the customers and stakeholders.
As the Guarantee Engineer you will ensure all standard operating procedures are followed, you will lead the resolution of faults or incidents promptly – delegating where appropriate – and ensuring the overall engineering standards are maintained and improved.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A deep understanding of HD-SDI and/or IP Broadcast systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with end-to-end signal flow of broadcast camera systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with broadcast matrices, switchers, talkback and “glue”
- Strong competency in use of electrical supply systems typically up to 63amp single phase
- Strong RF knowledge with radio camera, link and radio talkback systems
- A level of fitness to manually move equipment to all appropriate locations.
- Comfortable with working at heights, in isolation and exposed to the weather
- Adept at MS Office and Broadcast IT
- Degree level of education in engineering or media/broadcast or similar
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while remaining calm
- Demonstrable team leadership skills, ideally on location
- Ability to identify and improve processes and procedures
- Able to take ownership and see through to resolution
- Good working knowledge of health & safety requirements and legislation
- A full clean UK driving licence preferable
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 35 days annual leave, pension, life insurance, gym discount plus other benefits.
For more information please forward your CV by clicking apply