My client is a leading OB provider in the live sport sector with over 50 years’ experience of providing technical services.
As an OB Engineer you will be required to fulfil a wide range of engineering tasks on location covering video and audio signal quality, camera racking, communications, rigging, testing, establishing external feeds, and troubleshooting in a live sports OB environment.
You will support the Guarantee Engineer and Unit Manager on site and assist other members of the crew to ensure delivery of high-quality service. At base you will participate in the planning and preparation of larger fixtures.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Good knowledge of HD-SDI and/or IP Broadcast systems
- Familiarity with key broadcast systems such as camera channels, matrices, switchers etc.
- Competence in the use of electrical supply systems typically up to 63amp single phase
- A practical approach to problem-solving to rectify faults and/or establish a ‘work-round’
- A level of fitness to manually move equipment to all appropriate locations.
- Confidence with working at heights, in isolation and exposed to the weather
- Knowledge of MS Office and Broadcast IT
- Degree level of education in engineering or media/broadcast or similar
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while remaining calm
- Good working knowledge of health & safety requirements and legislation
- A full clean UK driving licence preferable, HGV desirable
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 35 days annual leave, pension, life insurance, gym discount plus other benefits.
For more information please forward your CV by clicking apply