Network Topology Designer
- Define requirements and identify technologies for scaling our transport network in a cost-efficient and operationally streamlined manner.
- Design path and spatial diverse Network Topology for the NextGen Network which will comprise of core and access circuits.
- Work with 3rd party circuit suppliers to select the relevant circuit products to deliver the Network Topology designs
- Work with systems, tools teams for modelling and to validate the produced network topology designs.
- Define capacity planning for the NextGen network based on the current and future requirements.
- Work with Network Design, Deployment and Operations teams to operationalize stable, scalable platforms.
- Works under broad direction.
- Full accountability for own technical work or project/management responsibilities.
- Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
- Work is often self-initiated.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated network topology designer with excellent experience in building and operating large scale networks for IP carriage. This person will be skilled in requirements analysis and in the production of network topology designs. The candidate will be able to deliver designs in a high pressure environment and will work closely with internal customers, suppliers as well as delivery and operational teams to ensure a successful deployment to agreed timescales.
The candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of Layer 1/2/3 networking technologies.
Experience working with network modelling tools is highly desired.
Ideally B.Eng / M.Eng Degree or any network related certifications equivalent in various vendor areas.
Skills & Experience
The candidate will be able to show clearly the skills and experience outlined below:
- 10 years of experience in developing and operating large scale network infrastructures in operational or engineering roles
- Development or operational experience with modern transport systems (metro and long-haul systems).
- Experience with network modelling tools such as Aria, OPNET SP Guru is highly desired.
- Experience with optical physical-layer analysis and testing.
- Proficiency is excel or any equivalent tools to process and organise technical data for consumption into various tooling systems.
- Clear focus under pressure. Creative approach to problem solving and ability to think out of the box.
- Exceptional analytical, negotiation and organizational skills.
Have an appreciation of planning and monitoring systems that are used to manage the end to end network.