Our client is a global telecoms provider working with their customers to deliver data and video content around the world. They have a dedicated broadcast division whose business focusses on the transport of video content for a variety of clients and will ensure high profile events can be broadcast.
A long term programme of work within their broadcast division is to future proof the network to ensure they remain the market leader for providing video connectivity services for broadcasters around the world.
The Design Team are responsible for the design and delivery of global networks and systems for the conveyance of distribution and contribution video signals over IP. They have begun to work to Agile and Scrum methodology using elements that suit the way they work to help improve the efficiency of the delivery and management of workload. Using these methods for non-software specific project deliveries.
The Scrum master will be leading stand ups, managing work load, shaping future work pipeline, trouble shooting, identifying future issues, running calls, managing how all projects fit together within the programme and taking a holistic view of the team and their work.
The ideal candidate will ideally come from a broadcast engineering background with knowledge/experience of the below:
- Agile and Scrum methodology
- Experience of being a Scrum Master and Scrum Certification
- SMPTE standards and real world application of them (2022/2110)
- Baseband engineering
- Encapsulation of Video over IP
- Precision timing protocol
- System design and implementation
- Network knowledge (MPLS/BGP/OSPF/Multicasting)
- Problem solving
- Scripting/programming (Any language)
- Leading development/engineering teams
Applications will be considered from any certified Scrum Masters within the broadcast industry.