Broadcast Systems Specialist - IP Projects (East Coast, US)
A dynamic, hands-on and client-facing engineering vacancy with a quickly growing broadcast systems manufacturer and focusing on routing and control products, this role combines project engineering/commissioning, technical support, design and technical consulting. Based on the East Coast, US.
- Commissioning projects on-site, with focus on IP infrastructure projects (control & routing)
- Resolving technical issues both remotely and on a major customer site
- Designing and delivering suitable solutions to customer requirement
- Supporting sales teams, customers and distributors with accurate and deep technical knowledge
- Capturing customer requirements, understanding customers’ business needs and issues, and recommending appropriate solutions to meet expectations
- Delivering demonstrations and presentations
- Providing support for tradeshows
- Undergo training when necessary to develop technical knowledge around industry-leading broadcast IP technologies
- After the first 12-24 months, there will be travel to customer sites when required (up to 50%, in the US and Canada)
- Strong technical knowledge within the broadcast chain. Ideally within live production, control & monitoring would be ideal.
Experience with broadcast IT-workflows. Configuration skills with Cisco/Arista switches, coding, or IP (SMPTE 2022, 2110) would be advantageous
- Currently working in a hands-on engineer role, in Project Engineering or Technical Support Engineering with keenness to develop skillsets
- Eagerness to take on customer facing responsibilities (e.g. technical consultations, presentations, working at tradeshows, requirements capturing, relationship management)
- Experience working for either a broadcast systems manufacturer or broadcaster in the US or Canada
- Excellent communications skills in written and verbal English
- Motivated, self-driven, persistent personality. Able to build and maintain relationships, take responsibility, and work efficiently individually and in a team.
- Willing to travel up to 50%, around the US and Canada, after the first 12-24 months
Applicants must have the relevant visa to work in either the US or Canada unrestricted